Monday, October 11, 2010
I have been busier of late. A lot more tired too. And I am completely devoid of inspiration (to blog). My photos are proof of that - such lazy styling, if you can even call it that. But what the heck, whatever makes ME happy. ;)
Well, if you see my blogging mojo anywhere, please let me know. Till I find it again, here's a simple Mushroom Aglio Olio which I whipped up for today's late lunch. I made it with no recipe, but here's a rough guide. Yawn ...
- A few glugs of extra virgin olive oil
- Sliced fresh mushrooms, as much as you like (I used shiitake but feel free to use any variety)
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Sliced chili
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 serving spaghetti
- Small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- Shavings of parmesan cheese
1. Heat a large pot of boiling water, add salt and add in spaghetti when it comes to a rolling boil.
2. While the spaghetti is cooking, prepare the other ingredients. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and add garlic. Ensure a medium-low heat to ensure that the garlic doesn't burn (it should not brown at all). Add sliced mushrooms and continue stir-frying till their liquid evaporates, and they start to brown a little.
3. Add more olive oil if it looks too dry. Throw in parsley and chili.
4. Drain cooked pasta and add to pan. Give all the ingredients a quick stir to combine. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
5. Top with shaving of parmesan cheese before serving.